Play Where the Pros Play!!

Wednesday, February 5, 2014

Poker League Season 10 Game #4 Recap!

Wow, already past the halfway mark!!  Game 4, we were missing a few players, Craig and Sean, so tables were split 4 and 5.  I was at the 4 table and since we were starting this way and didn't want to take multiple blind levels to play hand for hand we decided not to(we probably should've instituted hand for hand at some point, however).  I bet with Chris that 1st out would be prior the 8th level(20 minute blinds with a break would be near 3 hour mark).  1st one out was somewhere around the 11th level, it was Chivers.  1st, 2nd and 3rd one out should have actually been somewhere around the 8th level, though, there were 2 short stacks at the other table, I think Chivers and Jake and our table, Chris around that time all had something like 10 bets, 2-3K.  Chris lost a lot of his stack early.  He was making really loose calls all over the place.  He called 3 barrels from Jon with A-2, flopping a gut-shot and hitting a 2 on the turn.  He called Jaime with Ace high and another hand he called a turn and river bet with an under-pair.  He was really trying to make hero-calls all night.  Finally he had 3K left and went into Craig-mode(decidedly, Craig-mode is now official for all-in or fold situations)  At about the same time, Chivers and Jake were in Craig-mode also, this was about 7 or 8th level.  Chris was able to win a few shoves and got himself back to a respectable 5K or so when I found myself sitting on a little over 4K when I went into "Craig-mode".  It was at this point we realized how much of a disadvantage our short-stacks were to the other table's short stacks.  We went through a hand roughly in maybe 1 1/2 minutes for a full hand while the other table was taking a lot more time than that even on B vs B hands or an open and all fold hands.  We decided to sit and wait out a hand and we literally watched the time go from 18 minutes left in the blind to 12 minutes left in the blind while the other table went through 1 hand and a shuffle and deal into the next hand...ugh!  We must have played 30 hands more than them at least...So while we played the last couple hands as a "hand-for-hand" style I "survived" and Chivers went out.  He said he played his best poker of the season.  Terri was destroying the other table from the start, apparently holding Aces a few times, Ks and Qs.  One hand he held 7s and hit a set, just owning everyone.

1st hand at the final table I shoved, pretty sure I had Ks.  Heck asked Chris "How's he been playing" as if he wanted to call me pretty light.  Honestly, I can't even remember if Heck called me and I doubled up or he folded...Most of the tournament was a blur...One hand I do remember, I think Jon either opened or shoved all-in for a small amount, maybe 5 blinds, Terri went all-in over the top(chip leader) and I looked down at pocket Aces and called,  Terri had 10s.  I won that hand and pretty much crippled Terri and got myself up to a really nice stack.  I think I was 2nd in chips, Heck in 1st, Chris 3rd and Terri 4th.  Terri went out next, I think Chris KOd her.  Heck ended up KO-ing Chris and then Heck and I went heads up for a little over an hour.

We went back and forth a bunch, I tried to slowly wittle him down but we ended up switching stacks a ton mostly staying even.  Heck's been really good this season, cashing in all games.  Winning game1, 2nd place losing to Jon last game and now top 2 in this one.  Final hand I got lucky and I was hoping to trap Heck, he raised and I wanted to 3-bet but decided to "trap" and called with K-9, I flopped a K and decided to keep the rouse going, I turned another K and he shoved the river with an A-6(paired the 6) and I probably thought a little too long for the call... Heck can either make the worst play in the world or the most ingenius play in the world and lately he's been getting lucky when he's had the worst of it(K-8 One-time! vs Ks) and getting action when he's got the best of it.  I called and it was over.  I was told I was undefeated at Heck's place, however I know I was out early one time but I have won the other 3 times, 2 of those times were against Heck Heads Up, 1 last season, 1 this season.

Fred and Chris KO Bet:(We both KOd 2 players)
Fred: 9
Chris: 4

Possible Season 10 Great/Terrible Storylines:
Heck and I play Heads Up for the trophy this year, and Heck has beaten me twice the other 2 times we were Heads Up for the trophy so along with the last 2 heads up matches I've won, he's definately due to beat me...These are probably self-fulfilling prophecies somehow...It would really suck to have Heck's name up on the trophy for a 3rd time, especially since I don't have my name on the trophy at all, and most especially if every time Heck won it was Heads Up against me...Maybe Craig will miss the rest of the season, only to show up and win the finale...?  Maybe Season 10 is when we'll get one of the women of the league to be the "Luckiest Bastard"??...Maybe I'll finally get to be the Luckies Bastard...time will tell...

No comments:

Post a Comment