Play Where the Pros Play!!

Tuesday, January 29, 2013

Poker League Season 9 Game 4

Game 4 wrapped up sometime in the am hours of Saturday night... Chris got his 1st win of the season after being runner-up to Shae last game.  Shae, of course came in 2nd place and I was 3rd.  It's pretty nice having 3 cashes in 4 games, though a few times I thought I was in great position to get another win.  I'm really hurting on details of any hands whatsoever, though...and I wasn't able to play in the Sunday 2pm cheap bastard tournament.  I do remember one hand, though.  We're down to 3 players, I'm on the BB with 10-9offsuit and it's the 3rd or 4th time all night I've had this and couldn't play it due to early position raises, an all-in, etc...  Man, I can't even remember the blinds...maybe 800-1600, 100 ante?, I had about 25K total, Chris had about 60K, Shae had about 15K.  Chris raises on the button(only 3 players left) to 3800, Shae folds and I call, hoping to be able to shove decent looking boards or maybe wait for the turn depending...  flop is 9-7-4 with 2 clubs, I believe I have the 10c.  I figured he's going to c-bet a lot of the time so instead of betting or shoving I decided to check-raise-shove.  I was also ok with him calling as I figured a lot of time he might call with an Ace high, basically, I figured there were a lot of times he could call with less than my 9s, 10 kicker so a check-raise where he might think he's committed to calling is okay with me.  I check, Chris puts in 5200 and I shove all-in.  Chris thought for a loooong while before folding.  He asked if I'd tell him what I had after the tournament and I told him I would if he told me what he folded.  Blinds caught up to me along with Shae shoving a lot of hands I'd have liked to call light, however 8-2 and 9-3 and the run of really dead cards tortured my stack down to a pittance until I was finally unable to beat Chris with my A-6suited against whatever his hand was...K-J?  Not sure, maybe Chris can fill me in in the comments... For my blog's sake, I'll have to do a better job of not mixing beer and poker...or maybe, as time goes on, I'll start to remember other hands...like shoving with A-7 and about 12 blinds and knocking out Terri with AK and 8 blinds by hitting runner-runner-straight cards...just remembered that...Terri was so mad at me...I told her I shoved with A-7, I didn't call a shove with it...  I really hope the Rivers continue's their cheap bastard tournaments after January...  I also have no idea what went down with the HEADS UP CHAMPIONSHIP, I haven't decided yet if I'll spoil it or just not pay attention until it's on TV, whenever that is... 

I'll post up any rememberances I might have and the standings as soon as Chris puts them out.  I might even update my stats and put a few out there soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment