Play Where the Pros Play!!

Monday, April 7, 2014

Where did I go?!? Am I back!?

I've been really busy the last couple months.  Lots of personal things going on and work has been pretty time consuming... All of which has been taking away from my Poker playing, unfortunately.  Some things just can't be helped and I'm lower on my bankroll than I'd like to be.  At the start of the new year I planned(resoluted?) on playing at least at first every Sunday game until I could afford more expensive games.  I had a good start, played in 3 tournaments, 2 rebuys and 2 cashes.  Taking my alotted $150 and making it just under $600.  Since then I've played in a few Poker League games with my friends and I think since my January tournaments, I'm not playing as much as I'd hoped I could, therefore, I'm not playing as well as I know I can...  I noticed this at the finale for said Poker League when I pretty much bled chips when I shouldn't have and my 10s didn't hold up against AK when I could've turned things around.  I shouldn't need to let things get to that point, at least not in the way I did...  Oh well, I think I'll be able to turn a new leaf with the Pittsburgh Poker Open Spring Series and onward.  I would've liked to have had at least 2K to play in a few more tournaments I felt were the best deals(guarantee's, etc..), however, I'm going to be held to playing 3 tournaments, 2 of which are satellites and one 100+25.  I think that's the smartest thing to do with my bankroll for now, that would put about half in danger if I only put out 1 rebuy per satellite and hope to go with 1 buy in of the 100+25.  The 100+25 isn't even a guarantee, which most of the others are, except they are almost double the buy-in so it's just not really do-able for me yet...even playing in these 3 are stretching my roll into uncomfortable territory, but as soon as May I should see an increase in my bankroll-repositories with which to refresh from on a monthly basis.

My plan is to play

1. Saturday April 12th 9am re-entry satellite into Event #6(It's speculative but probable I miss this.)
2. Monday April 14th 7pm 100+25, 20 minute blinds, 15K to start
3. Saturday April 19th 9am re-entry satellite into the Main Event
(There are 4 days scheduled for the Main Event, Friday Day 1a, Saturday Day 1b, Sunday Day 2, Monday Day 3)

These plans would change in the event I cash at one or more of these, causing me the ability to play another event.  There's an interesting Pot Limit Omaha for 100+25 on Wednesday April 16th 7pm.  I'm not really good at Omaha, though I'm expecting most other players can't be that much better and I would suspect that most other players might even be much worse than myself.  At the very least if I had a larger roll it would be fun to play in this event...

My original plans from last summer were to play in either the WSOP this year or at least the next Pittsburgh Poker Open Summer Main Event, so it's still possible one of these could still happen this year...keeping the dream alive!

Poker League Season 10 Regular Season results
Player Week 6 Week 7 Total Points Dropped Total
Heck 0 5 52 52
Jake 9 12 52 52
Terri 7 7 49 47
Chris 5 4 49 46
Fred 2 0 46 46
Shae 12 10 39 39
Jaime 8 3 42 39
Jon 6 2 36 36
Craig 10 8 34 34
Chivers 3 9 34 31
Sean 4 6 30 30

Shae, Craig and Jake really made a nice run in the final 2 games to up their scores.  Shae ended up with the most KOs in the regular season, based almost solely on the fact that she KOed 12 players the last 2 games.  I got a little unlucky to be first out Week 6, there were 8 or 9 all-ins survived prior to my all-in that was unsuccessful.  That game, at least from the early few KOs could've gone a lot of different ways.  I missed Week 7, however, Shae kept up her demolishing ways and I heard the game was over around 11pm, easily the earliest a game has finished up in a few years at least...

The finale was this past weekend and in the interest of "not so long blog posts"(Too late!) I'll write up a seperate entry for the finale.

No comments:

Post a Comment